Latest news in Yorkshire: November 15, 2017 04:17:14 PM
A 26-year-old man, who admitted sexually abusing two young children, has been jailed for six years.
Ashley Godber, of Batemoor Road, Batemoor, Sheffield, appeared before Sheffield Crown Court last month, where he pleaded guilty to:
– Four counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act
– Four counts of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child
– Three counts of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity
– Three counts of sexual assault of a child under 13
– One count of possession of indecent images of a child
He was back in court today (Wednesday 15 November), where he was jailed.
Godber was first arrested back in September 2016 when intelligence was received that an address he was staying at in the Deepcar area of Sheffield had links to the uploading of indecent images of children to the internet.
Detectives from the Force’s Internet Sex Offences Team (ISOT) then seized a number of electronics from the house and Godber was arrested for the possession of indecent images, as Detective Constable Lee Walker from the ISOT team explains.
“During his initial interview, Godber admitted to looking at indecent images of children and also disclosed to officers that he had sexually assaulted a young girl a number of years ago.
“An in-depth investigation was then launched and after initial enquiries, we discovered that Godber had sexually assaulted a girl who was under the age of 10 at the time the offences occurred. The offences occurred between April 2015 – September 2016, when Godber committed sexual acts in front of her and sexually assaulted her.
“Between December 2010 and September 2016, Godber also sexually assaulted a young boy, who was under the age of 13 at the time the offences occurred.
“Thankfully, Godber admitted to these deplorable crimes and his victims were therefore spared the ordeal of having to recount in court what Godber had subjected them to.
“They have been incredibly brave throughout this entire investigation and I hope that they and their families feel justice in knowing that Godber is now behind bars.
“Any report made to us in relation to sexual offences will always be thoroughly investigated and we will do our utmost to ensure offenders are brought before the courts and held accountable for these inexcusable crimes.”
Please remember victims of sexual offences are provided lifelong anonymity by law and it is a criminal offence to name them.
- Church Street End 1991
- Wath Newhill Hall
- Newhill Farm Wath-upon-Dearne 1900
- Wath Secondary School – Park Road Annexe – Boys of 1923
- Bolton-on-Dearne Mexborough Road
- Park Road Infanst School Demolition in Wath
- Wath-upon-Dearne Town End
- Wath Grammar School Prefects 1948
- Wath Grammar School Staff Group Photo 1992
- The big FIRE at Glastics Glass Manufacturers
- Yorkshire Show 1902
- Coronation Arch Wath-upon-Dearne 1911
- All Saints Parish Church, Wath-upon-Dearne
- Wath Secondary School – House of Sparta
- Rotherham is geared up for winter!
- Wath Grammar School – Photograph taken in 1948
- Wath-upon-Dearne High Street – Coronation 1911
- Dearn and Dove Canal 1920
- Wath Grammar School Classroom – Photograph taken in 1948
- Montagu Hospital Mexborough
- Brampton Ellis School 1947
- Wath Grammar School 1958
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Mexborough May Parade
- Wath Main Colliery 1910
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- All Saints Parish Church
- Wath All Saints Church Rear
- Wath Town Centre Off Sandygate
- Sheffield man jailed for numerous sexual offences
- Brampton Ellis School 1948
- The Payne’s of Newhill
- Pettits Shoe Shop in Mexborough
- Wath High Street Coronation Celebration 1936
- Hoober in South Yorkshire
- Grand Charity Football Match 1972
- West Melton in South Yorkshire
- Dearne and Dove Canal Wath
- Wath-upon-Dearne village centre 1900
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath-upon-Dearne