Latest news in Yorkshire: October 03, 2017 12:18:08 PM
Rotherham’s District Commander has welcomed the county’s first joint fire and police station on home soil.
Chief Superintendent Rob Odell was among the dignitaries at today’s official opening of the joint station on Byford Road in Maltby.
The facility will allow police and firefighters to share knowledge, skills and expertise when it comes to tackling common issues such as anti-social behaviour, road traffic collisions and reaching out to vulnerable members of the community.
Chief Supt Odell said: “I’ve no doubt that this joint venture will help us to provide a more coordinated service to the public, particularly on issues dealt with by both services.
“This provides us with an excellent opportunity to better share information and to help meet the demands of modern policing, where working alongside our partners is vital in meeting the needs of our communities.”
Chief Fire Officer James Courtney added: “This new facility is the first of its kind in South Yorkshire and represents the best possible, physical example of our commitment to work more closely with our emergency service partners.
“By working alongside each other under one roof, we think the move will benefit both organisations by improving how we work together to solve problems we both face, which can only help to improve the quality of the service we offer to local people.”
For more information visit: www.syfire.gov.uk/new-fire-and-police-station-in-maltby-goes-live/
- The big fire in 1990’s at Glastics, Wath
- Mexborough South Yorkshire – Railway
- Conisbrough Castle
- Bolton-on-Dearne in South Yorkshire
- Montgomery Square Wath
- St Josephs RC Junior School Easter Parade
- Top West street down towards Town centre
- Wath Grammar School – Staff Photo 1992
- Brampton Hall
- Rotherham’s giant of a pantomime is launched!
- Swinton High Street Tram
- Park Road School Demolition in Wath-upon-Dearne
- NEW ENGLISH FRIENDS COMMUNITY LAUNCHED
- Church Street End 1991
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath
- Hoober in South Yorkshire
- Wath Grammar School Technology Block 1950
- Steam Train Mexborough
- Town Hall in Wath-upon-Dearne
- Newhill Hall c1900
- Newhill Farm Wath-upon-Dearne 1900
- Saracens Head Church St 1991
- High Street End Wath
- Parade on Church Street
- High Street Wath-upon-Dearne
- The Old New Inn 1991
- Brampton Hall
- West Street in Wath-upon-Dearne
- West Melton near Wath
- Yorkshire Show 1902
- The White Bear, Wath
- Groom Brothers Mexborough
- St Joseph’s Catholic Church Wath
- Cutting food waste
- Wath Secondary School – House of Sparta
- Wath-upon-Dearne John Payne Estate Auction
- Wath Grammar School – Photograph taken in 1948
- Bolton-on-Dearne Mexborough Road