Latest news in Yorkshire: July 12, 2017 01:48:28 PM
Rotherham Town Centre and Clifton Park will be hosting entertainment and activities this July and August with six days of free family fun.
‘A Slice of Summer Fun’ returns for its third year with fun and activities from 10.30am until 3.30pm.
Starting with ‘Pirates and Princesses’ on Wednesday 26 July, children are invited to put on their eye patches and crowns and take to the town centre for a day which will include princess classes, a pirate-themed show, craft activities and more.
Then, on Saturday 29 July ‘Animal Magic’ returns with some fantastic animal-themed activities including a petting farm, crafts, sheep rodeo and the chance to handle some more exotic creatures from Nature Safari.
A Slice of Summer Fun moves to Clifton Park for three days from Tuesday 8 August until Thursday 10 August for Clifton-by-the-Sea with entertainment and activities each day alongside the existing water splash area, sandpit, mini golf, skate-park and children’s rides. For those wanting a slightly more relaxing time there are free deckchairs for that real seaside feel!
Wands at the ready for the last day of A Slice of Summer Fun on Saturday 12 August as ‘Wonderfully Wizardly’ flies into town with a brilliant magic show, walkabouts, crafts, Grimm & Co. and even the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter.
Rotherham Council’s Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood Working and Cultural Services, Cllr Taiba Yasseen, said, “A Slice of Summer Fun is a great opportunity for families to come along and enjoy some brilliant free activities and entertainment during the summer months and hopefully the weather will be kind to us too.”
To keep up to date with events in Rotherham, follow @CultureLeisure on Twitter or like the RMBC events Facebook page.
- Brampton Hall
- Wath Secondary School – Park Road Annexe – Boys of 1923
- Manvers Main in South Yorkshire
- Glastics Glassworks Fire
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- The Old New Inn 1991
- The Boys and Girls brigade
- Midland Terrace, Wath – Flooded 1933
- West Street in Wath-upon-Dearne
- West Street Wath
- Wath All Saints Church
- We should be able to vote aged 16, say Youth Cabinet
- Consultation on ward boundaries
- Modern slavery – what do you know?
- Demolition of Park Road School – Wath-upon-Dearne
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath-upon-Dearne
- Newhill Hall c1900
- Conisbrough Castle
- Saracens Head Church St 1991
- Steam Train Mexborough
- Pettits Shoe Shop in Mexborough
- Wath-upon-Dearne Town End
- Bridge to the Lake Wath-upon-Dearne
- Wath Grammar School Classroom – Photograph taken in 1948
- All Saints Church and Mechanics Institute 1900
- Time to test the brain cells
- West Melton in South Yorkshire
- Black Rhino Project
- Newhill Farm Wath-upon-Dearne 1900
- Old Photos – Smiths Of Mexborough
- Bolton-on-Dearne in South Yorkshire
- ST Joseph’s Wath
- Wath Grammar School Staff Group Photo 1963
- Smoking declining in Rotherham but more can be done
- Wath Grammar School Prefects 1948
- Did NASA ever go to the moon?
- West Street 1900
- Newhill Farm 1900
- Children Playing On West Street 1900
Post expires at 2:48pm on Wednesday July 19th, 2017