News: Odd News distributed around Yorkshire June 04, 2016 02:37:09 PM
Not according to the numerous moon landing conspiracy theories which claim that some or all elements of the Apollo program and the associated Moon landings were hoaxes staged by NASA with the aid of other organizations.
The most notable claim is that the six manned landings (1969–72) were faked and that twelve Apollo astronauts did not actually walk on the Moon.
Various groups and individuals have made claims since the mid-1970s, that NASA and others knowingly misled the public into believing the landings happened, by manufacturing, tampering with, or destroying evidence including photos, telemetry tapes, radio and TV transmissions, Moon rock samples, and even some key witnesses.
Much third-party evidence for the landings exists, and detailed rebuttals to the hoax claims have been made. Since the late 2000s, high-definition photos taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) of the Apollo landing sites have captured the lander modules and the tracks left by the astronauts.
In 2012, images were released showing five of the six Apollo missions’ American flags erected on the Moon still standing (the Apollo 11 flag was accidentally blown over by the takeoff rocket’s exhaust, but is still there).
Conspiracists have managed to sustain public interest in their theories for more than 40 years, despite the rebuttals and third-party evidence.
Opinion polls taken in various locations have shown that between 6% and 20% of Americans and 28% of Russians surveyed believe that the manned landings were faked.
See list of Conspiracists and their contentions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Conspiracists_and_their_contentions
- Wath-upon-Dearne John Payne Estate Auction
- Bridge to the Lake Wath-upon-Dearne
- Bank Street Mexborough South Yorkshire
- Park Road School Demolition in Wath-upon-Dearne
- Church Street onto West Street Wath
- High Street End Wath
- Old Church Mexborough South Yorkshire
- Did NASA ever go to the moon?
- West Melton near Wath
- The big fire in 1990’s at Glastics, Wath
- Wath Empire Hall Demolished
- Treating autoimmune diseases
- Henry Payne Of Newhill
- Newhill Hall c1900
- Hall’s Dentist West Melton
- Rotherham Fire Crew
- Demolition of Park Road School – Wath-upon-Dearne
- Old Cinema House West Melton
- Wath-upon-Dearne C of E Primary School
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Mexborough South Yorkshire
- Heading into Town Centre of Wath
- Conisbrough Castle in South Yorkshire
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath
- Halifax in Yorkshire
- Pair jailed for life for ‘sadistic’ murder
- Manvers Main in South Yorkshire
- Thornhill Place 1991
- Man jailed for sexually abusing girls
- Wath Montgomery Road 1991
- Hoober Observatory near Wentworth
- Yorkshire Show 1902
- Doncaster man jailed for killing man with one punch
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Time is running out to claim PPI
- Wath Grammar School Prefects 1948
- The Lake Wath-upon-Dearne
- Mexborough High Street
- Wath All Saints Church Rear
- Wath’s Last Underground Carol Service
Post expires at 2:55pm on Saturday June 11th, 2016