News: Odd News distributed around Yorkshire June 04, 2016 02:37:09 PM
Not according to the numerous moon landing conspiracy theories which claim that some or all elements of the Apollo program and the associated Moon landings were hoaxes staged by NASA with the aid of other organizations.
The most notable claim is that the six manned landings (1969–72) were faked and that twelve Apollo astronauts did not actually walk on the Moon.
Various groups and individuals have made claims since the mid-1970s, that NASA and others knowingly misled the public into believing the landings happened, by manufacturing, tampering with, or destroying evidence including photos, telemetry tapes, radio and TV transmissions, Moon rock samples, and even some key witnesses.
Much third-party evidence for the landings exists, and detailed rebuttals to the hoax claims have been made. Since the late 2000s, high-definition photos taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) of the Apollo landing sites have captured the lander modules and the tracks left by the astronauts.
In 2012, images were released showing five of the six Apollo missions’ American flags erected on the Moon still standing (the Apollo 11 flag was accidentally blown over by the takeoff rocket’s exhaust, but is still there).
Conspiracists have managed to sustain public interest in their theories for more than 40 years, despite the rebuttals and third-party evidence.
Opinion polls taken in various locations have shown that between 6% and 20% of Americans and 28% of Russians surveyed believe that the manned landings were faked.
See list of Conspiracists and their contentions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Conspiracists_and_their_contentions
- The Lake in Wath-upon-Dearne
- West Melton In South Yorkshire
- Dearne Valley College Joins RNN Group to Strengthen Local Education Opportunities
- STUSH West Melton
- Retaining wall reconstruction, A628 Barnsley Road
- Montgomery Square Wath
- Melton Hall Mexborough
- West Melton in South Yorkshire
- The White Bear, Wath
- Wath-upon-Dearne Soup Kitchen Committee
- All Saints Parish Church, Wath-upon-Dearne
- Groom Brothers Mexborough
- Helping smokers to quit
- Old Cinema House West Melton
- Do you know this man?
- Children choose better lifestyle choices
- The big fire in 1990’s at Glastics, Wath
- Pettits Shoe Shop in Mexborough
- Lake in Wath-upon-Dearne
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Heading into Town Centre of Wath
- Cannon Hall’s blockbuster Wedding Dress exhibition
- Student produces winning design
- Rare Photo Hooton Roberts
- Wath Grammar School 1958
- Wath-upon-Dearne village centre 1900
- Wath-upon-Dearne High Street – Coronation 1911
- Clifton Park Picnic
- Mexborough High Street 1900
- Wath Brewers Whitworth Son and Nephew
- Conisbrough Castle Fireplace
- Council lends support for sports firm
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Newhill Hall c1900
- Swinton High Street Tram
- St Joseph’s Catholic Church Wath
- Cat Lane Wath-upon-Dearne 1900
- View from Bridge in Wath-upon-Dearne
- The Boys and Girls brigade
- Mexborough Power Station
Post expires at 2:55pm on Saturday June 11th, 2016