Latest news in Yorkshire: October 03, 2017 12:26:06 PM
A 29-year-old man has been jailed for over four years after a ‘violent’ robbery, which left the victim with life-changing injuries.
Richard Dawson (pictured), of Pye Avenue, Mapplewell, appeared before Sheffield Crown Court yesterday (Thursday 28 September) to receive his sentence after pleading guilty to robbery at an earlier hearing.
The court heard how Dawson stopped his victim, a 32-year-old man, who was driving along Bark House Lane in Cawthorne in the early hours of Monday 24 April 2017.
He attacked his victim, who was still secured in his car by his seat belt, demanding his wallet and stealing the keys.
Detective Constable Paul Woodruff, who investigated the crime, said: “This was a violent and unprovoked robbery against an innocent man and our enquiries have shown that this incident appeared to be a case of mistaken identity.
“The victim continues to require medical treatment today for his injuries, which included cuts, bruising and a fractured eye socket – over five months later. It is fair to say that Dawson’s nasty and vicious attack has changed this poor man’s life.
“I wish the victim the best in their recovery and hope that he is reassured by the sentence handed down to Dawson, knowing he is behind bars and can cause no further harm.”
- Wath All Saints Church Rear
- Wath Grammar School House of Sparta
- Wath All Saints Church
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath
- Wath Grammar School – Photograph taken in 1948
- St Josephs RC Junior School Easter Parade
- Wath’s Last Underground Carol Service
- The Chapel On The Bridge
- Wath Grammar School Staff Group Photo 1992
- Memories Of Wath-upon-Dearne
- Church Street onto West Street Wath
- Man charged following Rotherham drugs raid
- Connecting Rotherham and Sheffield
- New joint fire and police station goes live in Rotherham
- West Street Wath
- Blue badge abuse prosecution
- All Saints Parish Church in Wath-upon-Dearne
- Glastics Glassworks Fire
- Brampton Hall
- Top of West street down to Wath Town Centre
- Grand Charity Football Match 1972
- Elderly woman robbed in Rotherham – can you help?
- Childhood nostalgia at Clifton Park Museum
- Brampton Ellis School 1947
- Hoober in South Yorkshire
- Sheffield man jailed for historic sexual abuse of young boy
- The Lake in Wath-upon-Dearne
- The big fire in 1990’s at Glastics, Wath
- Groom Brothers Mexborough
- Wath Grammar School – Staff Photo 1992
- St Joseph’s Catholic Church Wath
- Bolton-on-Dearne in South Yorkshire
- Wath-upon-Dearne High Street – Coronation 1911
- Brampton Ellis School 1948
- Brampton Ellis School 1946
- Bridge to the Lake Wath-upon-Dearne
- Wath High Street Coronation Celebration 1936
- Cutting food waste
- Montagu Hospital Mexborough
- Newhill Farm 1900